Pan and Trunks's First Date, Part 2

Author's notes: Ok, for all of you who were kinda left hanging at the end of "Pan and Trunks's First Date", this is to tie up the loose ends. No, actually, this is a story in itself, it just kind of happens after their first date. So if you haven't read that one first, I suggest you do. Anyway, I'd like to thank my friend Kelly for helping with this, and again, if you don't like the idea of Pan and Trunks together, than you probably won't enjoy this. For those of you who do, enjoy!

 

Bulma was throwing a party. People were just hanging out, drinking punch and talking amongst themselves, remembering old times and telling abut the new. What Trunks in particular wanted was some time alone with Pan. It wasn't easy to get away from Gohan, though. Gohan still didn't know that Trunks was the one she was going out with the whole time for the past---what was it now?---two months, Trunks thought. He grimaced, remembering all the close calls he and Pan had encountered. But Gohan was going to have to find out about them sometime. Trunks had just always felt that the time wasn't right. He hadn't seen Pan for a few days, due to a school vacation and being bogged down with homework, and he really needed to talk to her. It was their two month anniversery tonight, after all. Trunks had bought her a really nice necklace that he was anxious to give. He had it in his pocket right now. Trunks was trying to pay attention to what Gohan was saying to him, but his eyes kept drifting towards Pan. There she was---she was talking with Bra across the room. Trunks caught her eye and made a small motion with his eyes. She nodded slightly and turned back to Bra.

"-music is horrible. Even I could do better, no offense. Did she pick it out herself?" Gohan was asking.

"What? Oh, um, yeah I think so," Trunks answered, hoping he hadn't just made some terrible mistake with their conversation.

"Hm. I guess it shows, then huh?" Gohan sipped his punch.

"Yeah," Trunks said, and laughed a little to make it sound more convincing, even thouh he still had no idea what his trainer was talking about. "So why can't Goten come?"

"Too much homework. My mom made him stay home and study. Poor kid," Gohan said.

Yeah. Uh...I think I need to go help my mom with the....food...uh, yeah, so...talk to you later, K?" Trunks made up an excuse.

Gohan shrugged. "Ok, sure." He moved on to talk to his mother for a few minutes.

Trunks slunk outside to one of the nearest gardens and waited for Pan. He only had to wait a few minutes.

"Hey Trunks," Pan said, and sat down on a bench. Trunks sat next to her.

He grinned. "I got you something."

Pan turned to face him. "What is it?" she asked.

Trunks casually reached into his pocket. "Well, since it's our two month anniversery and all, I thought I'd get you something nice," he said, and held out the necklace.

Pan touched it in his hand. She was speechless. Trunks clasped it around her neck. "Thank you Trunks...it's great!" she managed.

Trunks grinned again. "Glad you like it," he said.

Pan looked embarrassed. "But I don't have anything for you..." she said.

He touched her chin with his fingers. "Don't worry about it. It's nothing, trust me. Besides, I have way too much stuff as it is," he complained.

"But I still feel bad about not having anything to give you..." Pan said.

"Well, how about something simple....like this..." Trunks said, and kissed her. Pan felt the same pleasent whir of excitement that she always got whenever Trunks kissed her.

When they parted, Pan smiled. "I think I can manage something like that," she said mischeiviously, and unbuttoned his shirt. She let it open and placed her hands on his now-bare chest. She looked at him craftily again and kissed him. This time when they parted they heard someone cracking up with laughter. They turned around and saw Bra laughing her head off.

"Bra?" Trunks and Pan both said at the same time.

Bra continued laughing, but now spoke. "You-you guys...this is gonna be great!" she squealed, and turned to go back indoors.

Pan and Trunks's faces were now matching expressions of horror. "Bra, you can't just go back and tell them! Come back here!" Pan said desperately. It would be bad enough having to tell Gohan about her and Trunks themselves, but it would be even worse if he heard it from another person. But Bra skipped merrily away then, and Trunks sat frozen for a split second before taking off after her. Trunks managed to button his shirt while he was running, so that people wouldn't think too badly of him. They skidded into the living room just as Bra stood up on a table and cleared her throat loudly. Everyone in the room looked at her, and Bra smiled sweetly at Pan and Trunks before beginning. Trunks shook his head and mouthed 'no!' but Bra started her little "announcement" anyway.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please," she announced clearly. "I have an important...announcement...to make." Bra winked at Pan and Trunks. "Just now, I think you'll be interested to know, I saw Pan and Trunks outside. Now here's the clincher, folks. Trunks had his shirt off. Pan had her hands all over his chest. What's more, these two secret lovey doves were kissing!" Bra waited a moment for this to sink in a little bit. "That's all, thank you." she hopped off the table and waited to watch the fireworks.

Gohan, along with everyone else, was staring at Bra. But slowly their gazes turned towards the uncomfortable couple in the doorway. Gohan went over to where they were standing and towarded over them. "Is what Bra says true?" he asked in a dangerously calm voice.

Trunks straightened and looked Gohan in the eye. "Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" Gohan asked, his voice growing quieter and quieter, a sure sign that he was about to lose his temper very quickly.

"I-I was going to. We were going to...but the time never came up..." said Trunks. He was trying not to show that he was afraid, but he was. Deathly afraid. When Gohan was angry, there was no telling what he might do.

"The time never came--" Something caught Gohan's eye, and he yanked the necklace off of Pan's neck. "What's this?"

"Hey!" Pan exclaimed, trying to snatch it back.

"It's a necklace. I gave it to Pan as a gift. We've been going out for-" Trunks looked uneasily at Pan before going on. "We've been going out for two months, and the whole two-month thing is pretty important, so I got Pan a gift." Trunks took a deep breath. "Look, Gohan, I'm sorry, but this is the way it is. Pan and I like eachother, and we're going out, and there's nothing you can do about it. So...I'm sorry if you don't like it, but this is what is going to be happening." Trunks said firmly.

Gohan crushed the necklace in his hand, sending pieces of the chain flying every which way. Trunks was about to mention about how that necklace wasn't exactly cheap, but he thought better of it after seeing the look on his trainer's face.

"Dad! Why'd you do that? It was just a gift, jeez!" Pan complained.

Gohan ignored her question. "Pan. We are going home. Now. Come on," he commanded, and grabbed her arm.

"Ow! Dad, let go! You're hurting me!" Pan cried. He wasn't really, but Pan knew that if she really wanted her dad to get off her back, all she had to do was say that he was hurting her. Gohan let go, glared at her, and stalked out the door. He stood in the doorway glowering at them.

Trunks turned to Pan. "Pan...I'm sorry..."

"Forget it. It's half my fault anyway. We'll just have to...work something out, I guess..." Pan said, and touched his hand.

Trunks half grinned sadly. "Right. Well...good luck..."

"Same to you, Trunks, believe me," Pan said, half joking.

"PAN!" Gohan roared.

Pan looked up one more time at Trunks and then went outside. Trunks stood in the doorway. He forced a small grin and waved. "Thanks for coming, you guys! Hope you had fun!"

Gohan just growled at him and flew off with Pan and Videl at his side. Trunks sighed and slumped down the length of the door frame. He heard Bra quietly say something to Bulma. Trunks started, then turned his head slowly towards his sister with a murderous look in his eyes. "Bra, I am going to KILL YOU!!!!!" he yelled, and Bra ran away screaming. He started chasing her.

"Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" Bra shrieked.

"You don't deserve to stay alive, you little bitch!" Trunks yelled.

"Eeeek! Daddy, help meeeee!!!!" Bra screamed, still running.

Trunks almost caught Bra but his father stood in his way. "Move it, Dad!" Trunks yelled again, and shoved Vegeta aside.

Vegeta watched him as his son raced past him, surprised. "What?" he whispered. Trunks shouldn't have been able to move him, at least according to Vegeta. Vegeta recovered quickly from his surprise, and stood in Trunks's way again.

"Get outta my way!" Trunks roared. When Vegeta didn't move, Trunks yelled again in frustration and shot straight through the roof, sending bits of wood everywhere. He sped through the skies at top speed for a while, and didn't return home.

As soon as they got home, Gohan sat his daughter in a chair and paced in front of her, not knowing where to begin. "Pan," he said finally, "how can you lower yourself so much as to actually want to go out with Trunks?"

"What's wrong with Trunks?" asked Pan, indignant.

"Pan, Trunks uses girls just for...for sex! I don't want you to get involved with him, for your sake!" Gohan said.

"That is so not true! Trunks would never do that to me! And if you don't want him to be my boyfriend, too bad! We like eachother and are going to keep going out for as long as we can stand eachother!" Pan yelled.

"Pan, honey, we just don't want you to get hurt. You know it's true that Trunks has...taken several girls home...and he's had hundreds of relationships. He might just not be ready for commitment yet, that's all. With the father figure in his life it's no surprise. We're just looking out for you, Pan, that's all," Videl told her.

 

Great, Pan thought. When she uses that voice it's impossible to stay mad. But I need to prove my point, here! "Look, that's it! I am not going to just sit here and listen to you badmouth my boyfriend! He is a sweet and caring guy, Ok?! There is nothing you can do that will change my mind about him! So lay off!" Pan yelled, trying to ignore what her mother had said.

"There is plenty that I can do! From now on, you are no longer permitted to have any association whatsoever with that...that...monster of a boy! You will not see him, you will not talk to him, you will have nothing to do with him! And that is final! And just for sneaking around behind my back, you will be grounded for two months. Now go to your room and get to bed," Gohan ordered.

Pan opened her mouth to reply, but then shut it angerly. She ran up to her room and slammed the door. She flopped down on her bed, seething. What was the big deal, anyway? Pan knew about Trunks's previous "relationships" with girls, and that had been one of the first things they had settled. It wasn't as though Trunks had tried to keep it a secret or anything. Furthermore, Pan liked Trunks. They had been going together for two months now, and they never tired of eachother's company. "Arg!" Pan screamed into her pillow. It just wasn't fair. She heard a rapping at her window. She brightened, hearing the now-familar sound, and opened it to see Trunks hovering in front of her.

"Hey," Trunks greeted her quietly.

"Hi. What's up?" Pan asked.

Trunks groaned and rolled his eyes. "Don't even ask. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to come flying with me," he questioned.

Pan looked at her clock. It read 11:56. "Well, sure, but you know I can't fly."

Trunks grinned. "That was partly why I asked. Ok, come on," he said, and Pan got into his arms. They flew around for a little while, but Trunks decided to land on a hill so that they could talk.

Pan sat down on the grass, and Trunks did the same. "My dad says I'm not allowed to 'see you, talk to you, or have anything to do with you'," she said, imitating her father.

Trunks rested his elbows on his knees, and put his head on his hands. "This sucks. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this?" he wondered.

Pan rubbed his back with her one hand. "I dunno. But don't worry about it. This'll all blow over, eventually."

Trunks looked up at her and smiled. "I know," he said. He leaned over and kissed her. Pan leaned in, deepening the kiss, and unbuttoned his shirt again. Trunks shrugged it off his arms. He put his hands around her waist and continued kissing her. Pan put her hands on his shoulders and-

"Pan? Trunks? What're you---oh my God!!" they heard Gohan's voice yell suddenly.

Trunks swore softly and put his shirt on. "Hi, Gohan."

"What are you doing here?!" Gohan yelled.

"We were talking, Dad," Pan told him.

"Pan. Go home. Now," her father ordered.

"Why?" Pan asked.

"Go!" Gohan yelled.

"But I can't fly!" Pan reminded.

"I can fly her," Trunks offered quickly.

Gohan glared at him. "No."

"I'll come back, I promise. And then you can do whatever it is you're going to do to me," Trunks said, and winced at the possibilities. He figured he would probably have some nasty bruises the next morning.

"Yeah!" Pan agreed. "Besides, I...um...I need to ask Trunks something!"

Gohan turned his glare to his daughter. "...You have five minutes," he said, and crossed his arms. "Starting now."

Pan and Trunks looked at eachother, and then Trunks quickly swept Pan into his arms and took off. He flew full-out, so that he would have the most time possible to talk to Pan once they were at her door. Trunks landed and put her down.

He was breathing hard. "Well, goodnight, Pan," he said, and kissed her on the cheek.

"Good luck with my dad...I get the feeling you're going to need it," Pan said sympathetically.

Trunks half smiled and stroked Pan's cheek. "Thanks, I think. But I'd better get going before he really starts beating on me," Trunks said.

Pan nodded. "Ok. Goodnight, then."

"Yep. Goodnight."

On the way back to Gohan, Trunks flew much slower. But he eventually got there, and Gohan still had his arms crossed. Trunks landed, took a deep breath, and walked over to the very angry father, saying, "Look, Gohan, I'm sorry, but-"

He was cut off by Gohan punching him in the gut. "Who the Hell do you think you are?!" Gohan exclaimed angerly.

Trunks doubled over in pain, but when he remembered what his father had always said, about 'not letting the enemy know how badly you're hurt', and straightened up again. He recovered his breath and then he spoke. "Gohan, I know you're mad about having us sneak around behind your back, but we know we were stupid in doing so and we're sorry. So can't you just forgive us?"

"That's not just what I'm angry about!" Gohan snapped back.

"O...k...then what else are you mad about?"

"What I'm mad about is that my daughter is going out with a low-down arrogant son of a bitch, who doesn't have half a brain enough to tell me what's going on, and who only has relationships with other girls just so he can use them for sex! That's what I'm mad about!" Gohan yelled.

Trunks was too shocked to say anything for a moment, but then felt the anger that he had inherited from his father start to build up inside him. He had the sense enough, however, not to respond to that, so he just growled low in his throat and collected his thoughts.

"Trunks, you have no right to take my daughter out like this! You will not see my daughter at all! I have no trust in you anymore!" Gohan said angerly.

"Gohan, I-" Gohan held up a hand, cutting Trunks off.

"Go home. Go away. I don't want to see you. Stay away from my daughter. She is not going to see the likes of you for a very long time," Gohan said.

"Gohan, jeez, we were-" Gohan picked Trunks up by the collar of his shirt again.

"Stay away from my daughter," Gohan hissed, and dropped Trunks on the ground. After glaring at him once more, Gohan flew off back home to have another "chat" with his teenager.

Trunks rubbed his back and looked after him. "This is going to be way harder than we thought...in fact, I don't know if this is gonna work at all..." Trunks said to no one in particular. Maybe tomorrow, when he went over for training, Trunks would have a chance to talk to him. He hoped so.

Trunks awoke earlier than usual the next morning, and took care in grooming himself and eating breakfast, so as to make the best impression possible on Gohan. He flew over to Gohan's house, and took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.

Gohan opened the door and stared at him. "Go home," he commanded.

"Gohan, I need to tell y-" Gohan slammed the door in his face. Trunks sighed, and knocked on the door again.

"Go home!" was Gohan's muffled reply through the door.

"Gohan, I need to talk to you! Open the door!" Trunks said.

"Go home right now! Leave!" Gohan ordered through the door again.

Trunks was fed up. He had gotten zero sleep last night, and he was way to stressed out to care what happened anymore. He barged into the house and yelled as only the son of a Saiyan prince can yell, "When I say to open the door, you open the fucking door! I am sick of having you badmouth me and not know anything about what is really going on! So sit down and listen to me, dammit!"

Gohan tried not to show his surprise at the tone in Trunks's voice. Vegeta would've been proud, he thought. Gohan crossed his arms and glared at the boy. "If you have something to say, say it and get out of my house."

Trunks took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to calm his mind. "Ok. Look. Pan and I were going to tell you as soon as we found out we were serious about eachother, we honestly were. But on the day that I was going to tell you at training, you were in a really bad mood, and you also sent me away that day. And so the opportunity never really came up again," Trunks explained.

Now at about this time, Pan heard the voices of her dad and her boyfriend downstairs. Being the ever-resourceful, prepared person she is, she grabbed a tape recorder and an empty tape. She turned it on and sat at the top of the stairs, listening to the whole conversation.

"I don't believe you. Just how many times have you told a girl that you were 'serious' about her, and how many times have you moved on from her?" Gohan inquired.

Trunks set his jaw firmly. "A lot, I know. But Pan is different. She isn't an airhead, god forbid anyone who says that to her, and she can create a coherent sentence. She's different," Trunks said again.

Gohan wouldn't be budged. "Darn right she's different. But you aren't, and that's what my problem is. I will not have my daughter lured into your sick trap. So you will not see her. Period," Gohan said.

With that, Trunks snapped. Totally. He didn't even think as the words came out of his mouth. "Gohan, don't you think it's a little different of me to be going to a girl's house and arguing with her really powerful dad about letting me date her? Don't you think it's a little different of me to take every moment of my free time to go see her? Don't you think it's a little different of me to have the guts to see this girl behind her dad's back, when he can very easily break me into tiny pieces? Gohan, I don't say this much, but don't you see that I love Pan?!" Trunks cried, having to hold back tears of pure frustration.

Gohan was shocked. He saw it all, now, from Trunks's point of view. Maybe he was being a little harsh on them, but still...Pan hadn't even told him who she was going out with that one night in the first place, when she said that she had been "studying" with her friend Winn. And yet again...Trunks had never, ever said that he loved anybody, not even to his parents. To hear him say it about his own daughter...Gohan didn't know what to think. "Trunks...I-I..." he hesitated, not knowing where to begin.

Trunks was outta there. He ran out the door, hiding his face and flew off. Gohan stood in the doorway, looking after him. "I never knew...but you still...you still went around behind my back..." he said softly.

Pan, who had heard all this and was crying to, covering her mouth to hide her sobs, turned off the tape recorder and ran to her room. She played the tape over and over while lying on her bed, listening closely to the whole thing, especially to the part when Trunks had admitted his love for her. Pan held the recorder close to her. Knowing her father's stern and stubborn way, there was a good chance that might be the last time she ever heard from Trunks.

Pan didn't come down for dinner that night. She was still up crying in her room, still playing the tape. At Videl's urging, Gohan went up the stairs but hesitated once he was outside his daughter's door. His listened carefully, and heard Trunks saying "I love Pan!" over and over. He could also hear Pan's sobs, although they were quieter than what they had been a few hours ago. Gohan opened the door.

Pan looked up suddenly as soon as she saw her father watching her. She quickly turned off her tape recorder and shoved it under her pillow. She looked up at her father with a miserable expression on her face.

Gohan sat down on her bed. "You...really love him, don't you?" he asked finally.

Pan nodded. "Yeah Dad, I do."

"But you know about how's he's used other girls and things, I don't want that to happen to you," Gohan told her.

"I know Dad, but don't you think that we've already gone through that before? It's all cleared up between us now," she explained.

Gohan nodded. "Yeah, but...why didn't you tell me who it was that you were going out with all those times when you were with Winnifred?"

"Because I knew you would absolutely freak and not let me go. And I was too excited to take any chances."

"I guess I can understand that...but I still wish you told me," Gohan said.

"Yeah, I know. Sorry," Pan said.

"Yeah. So...you kept on playing that one part of the tape you obviously recorded of our conversation. As I recall, the part where Trunks was saying that he loved you?" Gohan asked, and raised an eyebrow.

Pan blushed. "Well, yeah...I didn't know when I would have a chance to hear his voice again, so I wanted a recording of him so I would remember what he sounded like," she said, and looked straight at her father as she spoke.

Gohan took a deep breath as though he were about to say something, but then let it out. "Pan, I just...I just want to look out for you," he said finally.

"I know, Daddy, but this is what I want to do right now, and I can take care of myself," Pan, said, and smiled a little.

Gohan smiled back at her. "I know you can. Well, if he really means that much to you...then I guess..." Gohan hesitated. "Then I guess I give you permission to see him again."

Pan jumped up. "Seriously?! Oh, thank you Daddy!" she exclaimed, and hugged him around the neck. She wiped her eyes. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make a phone call."

Gohan smiled again. "Go right ahead."

Pan picked up the phone and speed-dialed Trunks's number. While she was talking to him Gohan quietly excused himself to tell Videl how it went.

After hearing the news, it took Trunks only about 20 seconds to get from his house to Pan's window. After climbing in, he looked at Pan. There was no need for words, there was just the feeling of relief.

After a few minutes had gone by, and after Videl was certain she knew what had happened, Gohan went back to Pan's room to offer her something to eat. When he got there, however, he could see through the open door that Pan and Trunks were kissing passionately together, still standing. Gohan watched them for a second, then laughed to himself. He shook his head, smiling, and quietly closed the door.

The End

 

Author's notes: Ok, this one's finally done! You have no idea how long it took me to finish, I don't know why...anyway, did you like this one better than the first? Worse? Did you think that they both really sucked? If that's the case, then please tell, me nicely. TurtleEmm@aol.com, you know. I don't think this one turned out too badly...it's just sorta predictable. Anyway, thanks for reading!