Near You Always

By Krys

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please don't say I love you

Those words touch me much to deeply

And they make my core tremble

Don't think you realize the effect you have over me

And please don't come so close

It just makes me want to make you near me always

I want to be near you always

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Trunks was sitting in his car at the airport. Today would be the day he saw her again. He thought about how old she would be now. Pan was gone for five years. In that five years, he broke up with Marron. He realized he had loved someone that was more special to him. He had always felt a special feeling for Pan. He did not know this feeling. He waited years for her arrival.

Then, Trunks saw her come out.

"Hey Trunks!" exclaimed Pan.

"Hi Pan. Welcome back."

"I'm glad to be back home."

Pan was wearing a black skirt with a black shirt.

Trunks hugged her. Pan felt different from when the last time he hugged her. She felt mature. Her face showed her it. She no longer looked like an immature tomboy. Pan was a woman.

"Well, I guess we better get going. Everyone planned a party for your arrival."

"Hmm. Figures."

Pan was glad to be back home. She missed everyone. There was one person she missed the most. I really missed you Trunks.

They jumped in the car and speeded towards Capsule Corp.

"Trunks, how come you didn't just fly over here and pick me up?"

"I didn't feel like flying here."

"Oh."

"Pan, I really missed you."

"Trunks, I missed you too."

"I mean...after I broke up with Marron, I felt lonely. I could never share my feelings with Goten."

"Oh." Pan thought he missed her in a lovingly way. She tried to hold back her tears.

The rest of the way was silent.

When Trunks and Pan entered Capsule Corp., everyone jumped out to Pan.

"Welcome back, sweetie!" said Videl as she gave her daughter a hug. Then, everyone hugged her. She still preferred Trunks' hug.

When Marron arrived, everything changed.

"Hey Marron." said Trunks as he gave her a kiss on her cheek.

She gave Trunks a soft kiss on his lips. Pan was trying to force back the tears she had been holding. All her life she watched Trunks and Marron kiss. She loved him so much. Trunks would never see her as a woman. He sees her as the same little girl he knew five years ago.

Gohan and Videl watched Pan suspiciously. They wondered at first what was wrong. Then they followed her eyes.

"Oh no." said Gohan, worried.

"What's wrong, Gohan?"

"You know perfectly what's wrong. My little girl is in love with him."

"There's nothing wrong with that. And Gohan, she's not little anymore."

"I know, but why Trunks? He's too old for her."

"I don't know. Go talk to her."

"Why can't you?"

"Just go. You're the one that's concerned." Videl pushed him off the couch.

Gohan sat down on a chair beside Pan.

"Pan, what's troubling you?"

"Nothing Dad."

"I see that look on your face. Is it about Trunks?"

Then suddenly, Pan released her tears.

"It's ok honey."

"But I love him Dad. I've always have."

"He's too old for you. How do you know it's real love?"

"I can't explain the feeling he gives me when I'm near him. This feeling drives me crazy."

"I know that feeling Pan."

"I know you would have." Gohan gave Pan a kiss on her forehead.

"I hope you get better Pan. Try to forget him."

"Ok." But I don't want to forget Trunks, she thought to herself.

That night, as Pan laid in her bed, she sang a song to herself.

 

Show me the meaning of being lonely

Is this the feeling I need to walk with

Tell me why I can't be there where you are

There's something missing in my heart

 

Pan cried a little, then went to sleep. She had the most wonderful dream ever. She was in a beautiful forest. Then, she saw Marron trying to kiss Trunks.

"Get off of me!"

Pan walked towards Marron, and Marron backed off of Trunks.

"Back off Marron! He's mine!" Pan slapped Marron.

"Gomen nasai Pan." Said Marron, in tears. Suddenly, she disappeared.

"Oh, gomen Pan."

"Shh. Don't say anything." Pan kissed Trunks deeply. Trunks followed. They couldn't stop.

"Love me, Trunks." said Pan in deep breaths. Trunks was kissing her neck when....

"Pan, wake up! Bra's here to take you shopping!" shouted her mother in the doorway.

"Okay Mom." said Pan, grouchy. "Bra just had to wake me up during one of my best dreams ever."

"Pan, what was this about 'Love me, Trunks'?" Videl asked her.

Pan gasped. She was so embarrassed that she said that out loud.

"Nothing Mom." Videl looked at Pan with a I-know-what-you-know expression on her face. Then she left.

 

Uh oh. Mom knows. Thought Pan.

Pan got dressed. In five minutes, she was ready to go. She ate her breakfast in a hurry.

"Okay, bye Mom!" said Pan.

"Bye Pan! Give Trunks a kiss for me!" said Videl.

Pan glared at her with a I'm-gonna-murder-you look.

They headed out the door.

When they got in the car, Pan started her yelling at Bra.

"Bra, why did you have to come so early? I was having the best dream ever!"

"I was too Pan, but Trunks woke me up, saying we forgot to get Goten's birthday present. It's his birthday. What an idiot my brother is! Forgetting Goten's birthday." Bra shook her head.

"I loved it. Your brother may be an idiot, but he's a good kisser."

"What?!?!"

"Oops, nothing."

The car grew silent.

"Pan, we have to pick up Trunks from home. Goten's out with his girlfriend, so we're planning a surprise party."

"Why didn't Trunks come with you?"

"He was getting ready. He went back to sleep soon after he woke me. Probably expected me to do everything. What a baka!"

When they got there, Trunks was already waiting outside.

"What took you so long Bra?"

"Baka, I caught Pan sleeping when I got there. I interrupted her wonderful dream. Your fault."

"Sorry if I interrupted the line of good dreams today. It was my best friend's birthday."

"You're a baka for forgetting your best friend's birthday. You should have got a present in advance."

"I forgot. Besides, this week, I was broke. I spent the rest of my money for the toll to pick up Pan."

"Baka. Your own fault you didn't fly to the airport. Don't bring Pan in this."

"I won't. And stop calling me baka."

"Baka, baka, baka..."

"ENOUGH!" shouted Pan, cutting Bra off.

The whole car was silent the rest of the way.

"Okay, Trunks, you go to find Goten a gift. Pan and me will go together. We meet up at noon in the food court."

"Okay. See you guys later! I can't wait to get to the food court!" he said in a cheerful manner. He did a little dance and walked off.

"Why is he so cheerful today? He sounded like he was on drugs." asked Pan.

"He claimed he was having a great dream when he just jumped up and remembered Goten."

"What was his dream?"

"I don't know, but I could hear him through the tiny microphones that my mom had made. I took two from her yesterday and put one under his pillow, and connected it to the other one in my room."

"Well, what did he say?"

"He said 'I wanna ride the pony'."

They both laughed

"It was funny." said Bra

"Anyway, if you were sleeping, then how did you hear that?"

"Oh, I had to go to the bathroom. When I came out, I heard it loud and clear." Bra laughed at the memory.

They both talked as they entered a store.

At noon, Trunks and the girls met at the food court. Knowing Bra, she bought tons of things, while Trunks and Pan only bought one thing. They decided to go to a pizza place in the mall.

"Okay, and what would you like?" asked the server.

"I would like two of everything on the menu." said Trunks.

The server gasped. "Uh....wait....aren't you the president of Capsule Corp.?"

"Yes I am. Why?"

"Oh, well then, you can have your meals free! They're coming up, in about.... a half hour."

"Okay!" he told him. Why does everyone give me free food everywhere I go? Oh well, at least I don't gotta pay!

Trunks told Bra and Pan. They walked around the mall until the food was done. Trunks wanted to go into the candy store. He came out with a big bag of candy that the store gave him free. They walked into a few more stores until…

"Hey, we were due back at the pizza place five minutes ago! Move it everybody!" exclaimed Trunks.

"Baka." Bra muttered under her breath.

"So you got this food free?" asked Pan.

"Yep."

Knowing the two Saiya-jins, they ate their food so fast, you would think they were in a race to see who would finish first. Bra watched them stuff their faces, and was so embarrassed. Meanwhile, the whole mall stopped to watch them eat, and were shocked. Trunks and Pan stopped eating when they noticed the people giving them strange looks.

"What?" they both asked.

Suddenly, Trunks looked at his watch.

"Oh man, the party starts in a half hour! Let's go!" shouted Trunks.

They rushed out the mall and got in the car.

"Idiot." Bra muttered under her breath.

"Trunks, what was your dream about?" asked Bra

"None of your business."

"I recall a certain someone saying....." said Pan.

"I wanna ride the pony!" said Bra in a whining voice.

Trunks was shocked.

"How do you know about that?" asked Trunks.

"I planted Mom's new microphones under your pillow, and I heard everything. You said it loud and clear!" Bra laughed.

Trunks' face was all red.

Silence filled the car until they got to Capsule Corp.

When they got to Capsule Corp., the place was ready.

"You guys, Goten's gonna be here any minute. Get inside!" said Chichi.

They went inside the house. They turned off the light. Trunks and Pan hid behind a couch. Pan felt his hand, and held it. Trunks saw her, but let her hold his hand.

Trunks was in love with Pan. He never felt love for anyone except her. He couldn't admit it for some odd reason. He promised he would tell Pan that day. He hoped he could keep his promise.

Then suddenly, Goten walked in. He was sad because his girlfriend dumped him. Why on my birthday? Goten wondered. It was dark, so he was going to reach for the lamp when he felt everyone. He turned it on and then....

"SURPRISE!" everyone shouted.

Goten had a smile, but was sad again. He went to the bathroom. Everyone looked shocked. Chichi was worried. Bra went to see Goten.

She knocked on the door.

"Who's there?" asked Goten.

"It's me, Bra." Goten opened the door.

"What Bra?"

"What's bugging you Goten? We planned this party, and you're not happy.

"Bra, my girlfriend dumped me."

"What an idiot for dumping you on your birthday."

"I know why. She wasn't the one for me. I've loved someone else the whole time."

"Who Goten?"

"You. I always doubted that we would be together."

They kissed and went to the party.

When Goten came out, Chichi came and fussed over him.

"Don't worry Chichi. His girlfriend had dumped him." explained Bra.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Goten."

"Why is everyone so silent? We got a party to continue!" said Goten.

They turned on the radio and Chichi went to finish the dinner.

Trunks stared at Pan. She looked so lonely. He felt lonely too.

 

Trunks walked over to Pan.

"Pan, I need to talk to you alone."

"Okay Trunks."

They flew to a clearing in the forest by Goku's house.

"What is it Trunks?"

"Well...you see...it's like this..."

"What?"

"Pan.... I love you."

Pan was so surprised. Trunks actually loved her.

Then, Trunks put his arms around her waist. Pan put her arms around his neck.

"Trunks, do you really love me?"

"More than anything. I've loved you forever."

They sat down, and Trunks kissed her deeply. Pan pulled off the shirt that Trunks was wearing and caressed his body. He kissed her neck down to her shoulders. Pan did the same.

"Trunks, I've always wanted you to do that to me."

"I've wanted you to do the same."

"Trunks, sing for me."

"I don't sing good."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't"

"For me?"

"Well, ok. Anything for you."

 

Although loneliness has always been a friend of mine

I'm leaving my life in your hands

People say I'm crazy and that I am blind

Risking it all in a glance

How you got me blind is still a mystery

I can't get you out of my head

Don't care what is written in your history

As long as you're here with me

I don't care who you are

Where you're from

Don't care what you did

As long as you love me

I tried to hide it so that no one knows

But I guess it shows

When you look into my eyes

What you did and where you coming from

I don't care

As long as you love me baby.

"Trunks, you can sing."

"No I can't."

"Well anyway, thank you." Pan whispered

Then suddenly...

"There you guys are! Goten and I were looking for you!" said Bra.

"Hold up....what were you guys doing out here?" asked Goten.

"Uh..." said Trunks.

"Ha! Goten, you owe me ten bucks!" exclaimed Bra.

"For what?"

"Last month, I bet you ten bucks that Trunks and Pan would get together, and they did! Hand it over!"

"Aww." Goten said as he handed over his last ten-dollar bill.

"Bra, now I'm broke." Goten said, looking sad.

"Tough. I knew they would get together!" Bra said as they flew back.

 

Please don't kiss me so sweet

It makes me crave a thousand kisses to follow

And please don't touch me like that

Makes every other embrace seem pale and shallow

Please don't look at me like that

It just makes me want to make you near me always

Two months passed. One day, Trunks and Pan's relationship changed forever…

Trunks and Pan were sitting on a bench in the winter. It was December 24.

"Pan?"

"Yes, Trunks?"

"I want to ask you a question."

"What is it?"

"Pan," he said as he took a velvet-covered box out of his pocket, "Will you marry me?"

Pan gasped at how beautiful the ring was. It was a ring of diamonds shaped into a heart with a sapphire in the middle.

"Yeah Trunks!" said Pan as she kissed him deeply. Suddenly, the couple wasn't cold anymore.

"Trunks?"

"Yes?"

"I wanna be near you always."

"Same here Pan."

Trunks and Pan walked home in the snow. They smiled and knew they would be near each other for eternity.

 

Please don't bring me flowers

They only whisper the sweet things you'd say

Don't try to understand me

Your hands already know too much anyway

It makes me want to make you near me always

I want to be near you always.

The End