The Guy I Never Knew Saga
By: Trunks_J_23

Chapter One
_---* Runaway *---_
Part One

"Catch me if you can!"
"I'll catch you! You can bet on it!"
"Trunks! Goten! Come now! Your lunch is getting cold!"
It was just another day at the beach and your typical summer. Everyone was having a great time…especially the kids! The hot summer sun was high in the sky basking on everything and everyone that got in its way. Goten and Trunks were running around the site where they set camp enjoying the weather and the company…not to mention, the smell of food! As they ran around on the hot, grounded sand chasing each other, Goku was out on one of the lounge chairs listening to the radio and getting a tan. Chichi was lecturing Gohan and Videl on taking care of Goten properly under1 of their 3 beach huts that Bulma put up as they helped prepare the food. Vejita was with Piccolo somewhere in the shade of a palm tree meditating, trying to get away from the crowd, and to focus their ki to keep it straight. Klilyn, Juuhachi-gou, and Marron were playing a game of volleyball with Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Chaozu…and Bulma was walking over to Goku's lounge chair when…
"TRUNKS! GOTEN! Didn't I tell you your food is getting cold?" Goku heard her loud and clear all right! With a loud scream like that, he was sent falling off his chair and into the sand leaving an imprint of his body. As he got back up, he began to wipe himself clear of the sand that he could get his hands on and said,
"Man Bulma! Diddya HAVE to yell that loud?"
"Sorry, Goku." She flushed away from him with a smile.
Proudly he added, "If you wanted to get the boys over to eat, all you need to do is ask me."
She turned to face the sand-free Goku.
Bulma's sweet smile quickly turned into a --what's that supposed to mean-- look and began to clench her fits getting ready to punch his jaw bone. Goku turned slightly to look at her. With a stunned look on his face, he placed his hands in front of him trying to defend himself from the now enraged Bulma.
"Bulma! Bulma! Bloomer…uh…Opps! I mean…hey! I didn't know you would take it that seriously! Cool it!"
As macho as he was, he backed away and she inched closer getting ready to hit him. Goku then tripped on a small rock and fell backward on to the sand. He then mowed his way on his butt across the sand backing up from Bulma as she got closer collecting sand in his shorts in the process.
 

____----**----____----**----____
 

Running in the wind, his lavender locks softly flying off his face freely, Trunks ran with Goten close behind him. Laughing as they played around, Trunks led him to the wet sand near the ocean and dove in. Goten playfully followed. Splashing around in the salty yet, shallow and some-what cold water they played. The sun shone on the kids' wet little bodies and some-what made them glisten like the water they were playing in as the soft and cool sea breeze blew in and made them shiver. From the sidelines of the volleyball court, Marron sat out for 1 game while her mother and father played Tenshinhan and Yamcha. Chaozu sat with her. She sat there with a dazed and dreamy look in her eyes as she watched the two boys laughing and playing in the water. Mainly her attention was drawn to only 1 of those two who splashed happily. Chaozu saw this and wondered what she was thinking and who she could possibly be looking at! He looked in her direction and all he saw was a pimplified NERD! ---* What could she possibly see in a guy like THAT? *--- He wondered as he stared up at the soft cloud filled sky. The sun was burning his eyes so he flicked on his shades over them. He thought something else for a moment…
---* She is kinda pretty…now that I think about it…especially under the sun like this…maybe she's thinking about…ME! I better think of something before that NERD comes up to her! *---
Chaozu got up from his spot and walked around for awhile and took a seat in front of her. Looking over the sun protected Chaozu to look over at Trunks and Goten she began to think.
---* He's so FINE! I wonder what he's thinking right now…Maybe I don't know it and he's looking directly at ME! GREAT! How's my hair? *---
Using Chaozu's sunglasses as a mirror, she checked her blond pig-tailed hair. Chaozu sat there and thought…
---* Well, it's now or never…*--- and puckered his lips up to meet with Marron's. She looked at him and squealed! Got up and began running in circles.
"What? Was it my breath? Wait my love! Wait!"
 Chaozu shouted that as he chased her around in her already made circles.
From the water's edge Trunks and Goten watched as the screaming in terror Marron ran pass them with Chaozu following close behind. Without a care, they went back splashing each other.
---* He didn't notice me? I know what'll get his attention even if I have to DIE trying…but what? I know! *--- (Fading into a dream sequence) ---* I'll pretend I'm drowning and he'll come and save me! He'll carry me in his arms and ask me if I'm all right! Ahhh! *---
Thinking fast…and stupidly…she ran straight into the ocean with Chaozu, smart enough…NOT to follow her.
"Hmm…I guess we weren't meant to be then my love! Good-bye for the ocean shall sweep you away from my loving heart! You shall swim to another and leave my heart broken…forever!" dramatic as he was he paused.
 "Huh…? Well, hello, there Miss." in his best Antonio Bandares impression.
"Hi there little clown kid."
"So you wanna take a walk around the beach? Or maybe, get a soda?"
"Sure." the girl said giggling as they walked away.
Chaozu shouted at Yamcha and told him that he'll be back for dinner. Yamcha heard him alright and got caught off guard. Juu-chan spiked the ball and accidentally hit Yamcha and knocked him out senseless.
Marron didn't dare turn back for she longed to be held in the arms of…
"Aaaagghhh! Help! I can't swim!" she yelled as she frantically splashed around in the roaring waves that surrounded her on all sides. Just as she was getting used to being dramatic, her beloved left the company of the roaring waves.
"Humph! What am I going to do now?" she asked herself as she started floating to the shore.
 

____----**----____----**----____
 

Once again, out of the water, Goten raced after Trunks. When he finally caught up to him he began to yell.
"HA! I told ya! I'd catch ya!" Goten celebrated happily as he danced around singing to himself for his victory.
"O.K. Goten. You caught me fair and square. You can quit it now…" as Trunks brushed the sand from his teenage body.
"I caught ya! I caught ya! I …huh?" Goten's celebration was crashed when he looked over in the direction Bulma and Goku were in. In shock, he stood quietly. Once again
 Trunks' stomach started to rumble. "Hey, man. Are you hungry?"
Goten tugged at Trunks' trunks and he looked up.
Bulma was still angry with Goku and started repeating to him as he was trapped between the fence and one angry Bulma.
 "Do you think they only listen to you? Are you just saying that because you think only a MAN can talk to MY 13 year old CHILD?"
"Well…I…I mean…No! Uh…but! Bulma! It's…" Goku sputtered. Suddenly, the volleyball group looked stoned. When Juu-chan hit the ball over the net as it was coming towards her, she also hit the distracted Yamcha in the head…again… and knocked him over stone cold as he watched the argument from his new position in the sand.
"Game point!" she said happily, but her happiness disappeared when she looked over at the roaring argument between Bulma and Goku. Chichi stopped her lecture and paid her attention to her husband and her friend but paid no attention to the curry she was fixing on the kerosene stove as it bubbled and hissed endlessly. Gohan and Videl just sat in shock at the picnic benches as they finished setting the last plate on the table. Even if this stuff DOES go on between them all the time, their argument continued.
 "Are you saying that they only listen to GUYS? Is it just because I'm a woman? That doesn't mean that I need a man to call my child to come and eat! Well, I prove you wrong Son of Kakkorot that…oh… no…" At that statement, Bulma fell to her knees. Goku looking worried…and uncomfortable for odd reasons (The sand in his shorts) knelt beside her to see what was wrong. Disturbed by the remark she just made; the sound and power his wife put into those 8 words broke Vejita's concentration as he quickly opened his eyes. Inside his mind, those 8 words repeated it self in his wife's tone of voice…then it suddenly transformed into his own!
---* Well, I prove you wrong Son of Kakkorot *---
As Vejita looked blankly at his wife at first, he then 'traveled back in time' to when he was working for Freeza…when he was searching for the Dragonballs… when he fought against Goku… the Son of Kakkorot…
Piccolo, disturbed by Vejita's amazed spirit, awoke from his meditation.
"Vejita…what is it?"
"I…I heard it…Bulma…she…" Vejita managed to stutter out. Piccolo look wide eyed at his stunned friend and turned his gaze to Bulma sitting there on her knees in front of Goku in the sand. It was then when Vejita realized why she said that. He never knew she loved him this much to repeat words from his mouth out to hers. No one in his life repeated those words with more hatred and anger than she has done. For the first time in his life, he thought deeply if her human heart can somehow reach his evil and some-what sweet Sayia-jin heart. Could it have been possible? Could it be that what he experienced was some sort of telepathic connection between them? Could it have been the reason he felt strange when he was around her…and only her? Could it be the reason he had Trunks with her? Could it?
Piccolo couldn't read Vejita's face. His look was strong, stern, and, well…BLANK! There were no signs what so ever of what he was thinking and Piccolo couldn't contact his soul…at least get a clue! Sitting on levitated ground Vejita sat in his usual stance, arms crossed with Piccolo at his side wondering what he could be thinking.
 

____----**----____----**----____
 
 

Trunks saw this sight and fell to his knees in the sand as well as his mother. His stomach wasn't hungry anymore; even if Chichi, Gohan, Bulma, and Videl DID make a wonderful meal that was prepared before them, he didn't feel hungry. Goten sat beside him eating a chicken drumstick he took from the tray on the table. As he ate, he placed a hand on his friend's bare shoulder, trying to calm his nerves. He was also wondering what they were saying and if those gestures were what he thought they were. Looking down at the ground, Trunks picked up some sand into his palm and clenched it into a fist. As he gritted his teeth, the sand oozed out like a streaming waterfall. Goten felt his friend's anger as he looked down at him with a concerned look on his face. With the wind blowing from behind where they left the sea, Trunks' lavender locks blew across his tear-covered face. Trunks then remembered what he was told as a mere child of 5…
_---* Trunks… you know I'll never love any other guy than your father…even if he is mean sometimes…but I'll always love your father…no matter what! *---_
 Goten looked disturbed by the reaction he was getting from Trunks as he chucked the meat-less bone into a near by trash can. He tried to ask him if there was anything he could do to help him, but he received no further response.
Goku was leaning to look at Bulma's eyes, but she covered them and he had no way of connecting to her…to make her listen. He got up to his knees and placed sandy hands on her shivering shoulders and tried to calm her down that way. Softly he asked what was wrong for they had been friends since day one…since the day he met her… since they had similar interest in looking for the Dragonballs…they quickly became fast friends. She would tell him everything and he would do the same.
 

____----**----____----**----____
 

"Bloomer…what's wrong? You can tell me…" his soft and sweet voice trailed off as he began to hold her close. Chichi didn't mind for the fact they were, and still are, friends since day one and she respected that friendship for Goku wouldn't be where he was without Bulma's help. Bulma rested her head on his chest…his hot and masculine chest. She lowered her hands from her eyes and put them on her lap where her tears rested evaporating in the sun, but kept sniffling.
Piccolo saw this and tried to connect with Goku…to find out what he was trying to do. He got a clear response.
---* Goku…what are you doing? *---
---* Whaddya think? I'm trying to get her to talk to me… I'm trying to get her to tell me why she collapsed after she said, " Well, I'll prove you wrong Son of Kakkorot" and trailed off. That's what I'm doing. *---
---* Well? Is she saying anything? *---
---* No…she's too busy crying. Whaddya want me to do? *---
---* Wait! Let me see if I can connect to Vejita…Vejita! Vejita! Can you hear me in there? It's me, Piccolo! *---
---* Piccolo? *---
---* Yes my friend. Now, Goku is trying to see what made Bulma say that, but he can't get her to say anything. What should he do? You need to know more than Goku needs to know…she's YOUR WIFE! What do you want him to do? *---
---* Here…let me try to connect to her first…Bulma…Bulma…can you hear me? It's me Vege-table… *---
 

____----**----____----**----____
 

---* …*---
---* I'm not getting anything…Goku! Are you still there? *---
---* Yeah! I hear ya loud and clear, Vejita! *---
---* Goku! Listen to me… and listen carefully…*---
---* O.K. *---
--* …She's my wife…and I love her dearly…I want you to connect to her. *---
---* How? *---
---*… I want you to…kiss her…so I can find out why she called you 'Son of Kakkorot'…at least I'll get an answer… *---
---* O.K…let me just connect to everybody…Chichi, I love you and don't take this to wrongly, but I'm just trying to connect Bulma to Vejita. He wants to know what's bugging her. *---
---* I respect that…I love you, Goku. *---
---* Klilyn, Juu-chan, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Gohan, Videl, Marron, Chaozu, Trunks, Goten…I'm just going to help Vejita get through to Bulma…find out what's going on with her…don't take this to wrongly. O.K. *---
---* We're behind you 100% Goku. *--- (Klilyn)
---* I understand. *--- (Juu-chan)
---* I hear ya…for Bulma's sake… *--- (Yamcha)
---* Just don't over do it…I'm with ya all the way. *--- (Tenshinhan)
---* For Bulma to be her happy self again…*--- (Gohan)
---* I can't bear to see her like this…I'll agree to anything! *--- (Videl)
---* (Answering machine in Chaozu's head) I'm sorry, but Chaozu isn't available right now, please leave a message and he'll get back to you soon… *---
Goku looked confused as he heard the response from Chaozu.
---* O.K…I just hope Auntie Bulma will be O.K. *--- (Marron)
---* Trunks? Goten? Can you hear me? Vejita! I can't through to them! *---
---* Trunks! Goten! Goku! I can't see her like this any longer! Don't worry about the kids… just kiss her now! *---
---* Whatever you say…here goes…*---

With a deep breath, Goku leaned down to her, closed his eyes, and gently kissed her. She didn't hold back! Bulma suddenly felt limp and lay still in his strong arms. Trunks slowly looked up and his brows suddenly became tightly locked together with tears still streaming down his cheeks.
"What's he doing? I thought she loved my father? That's the only reason they had me isn't it?"
 

__---**END OF PART ONE**---__