DRAGONBALL Z:

TRUNKS’S WRONG TURN

By: L. Curtis Totty

 

"I’ve finally arrived," said Trunks, as he stepped out of his Time Machine. "According to Mother’s coordinates, this should be the place where I can find Son Gokou. He’ll be here in about six months, so I’ll be ready to leave after meeting him. Huh? What’s this?"

Before him were several buildings behind hundreds of yards of gates. He read the sign on one of the gates. It read: "Castle University."

"Castle University?" asked Trunks, as he enclosed his Time Machine in a Capsule.

"Hmm, according to Mother’s instructions, Gokou was supposed to be about 30 years old now," thought Trunks. "Wow, Mother said Gokou was kind of dumb, but not this dumb! I can’t believe he’s still in school! I suppose Mother must be teaching a class here!

"Wait a minute! This college was supposed to be torn down years ago! What’s it doing here? Am I in the wrong timeline?" Suddenly, a newspaper blew into Trunks’s face. He read the date. "Oh no! Bulma doesn’t teach here! She’s a student here! Mother sent me back too far!"

"What am I going to do?" cried Trunks. "I’ve taken a…WRONG TURN! It’ll be six months in this time before I can leave here! This battery charges up too slow!

"What a minute!" exclaimed Trunks. "During this time, Mother, Ms. Chi-Chi, and Ms. Lunch worked on a school science project and created an incredible energy battery! Unfortunately, its energy wasn’t environmentally friendly, and it didn’t become a world-famous scientific discovery. That means Mother will probably throw it away. If I can get my hands on that battery, I can get out of here in just a few days! I’ve got to find Mother, and Son Gokou!"

 

"Excuse me," said Trunks, upon reaching the front desk. "Do you know where I can find Son Gokou?"

"What’s your business with him, kid?" asked the receptionist, as she scrolled down the list of students on her computer.

Trunks quickly made up an excuse. "Oh…uh…I’m a relative of his that he doesn’t get to see very often. Uh…I’m Son Gotrunks!"

"Gotrunks! What kind of name is that?" thought Trunks.

"Uh…sir," began the receptionist. "There’s no record of anyone named Son Gokou here."

"No Son Gokou?" asked Trunks. "Uh, maybe…Can you tell me where to find Ms. Bulma Briefs?"

"WHAT?" cried the receptionist. "YOU WANT TO SEE THAT BRIEFS GIRL?"

"Uh…yeah…" replied Trunks.

"Trust me, kid," began the receptionist. "You don’t wanna see Bulma Briefs."

"Huh? Why?" asked Trunks.

"Anyone who tries to get with Bulma has to answer to Yamucha!" cried the receptionist. "Bulma is Yamucha’s girlfriend, and he’ll smash anyone who tells him different!"

"Oh no! You’ve got it all wrong! You see, I’m Bulma’s brother!"

"So you’re related to both Bulma and this Son Gokou?" asked the receptionist.

"Yeah," said Trunks. "I mean, look at the hair! Bulma and I look exactly alike!"

"Kid, Bulma’s hair is green!" said the receptionist.

"Huh?" asked Trunks. "Well…I dyed my hair! But, if you look at the straightness and fineness of my hair, you’ll surely see that I’m Bulma’s son…uh…cousin!"

"I thought you said you were Bulma’s brother," said the receptionist.

"Huh?" asked Trunks. "Oh, I…uh…you see, I’m really her cousin, but she’s like a sister to me! Heh heh!"

"Ok…Well, Bulma Briefs is in Dormitory Hall, Floor 3, Room 308!" said the receptionist. Trunks focused on remembering the location, and rushed out of the main building.

"WAIT A MINUTE!" yelled the receptionist.

"Uh…yeah?" asked Trunks.

"Boys aren’t allowed on the third floor," said the receptionist.

"Crap," said Trunks.

Trunks stood outside Dormitory Hall, trying to figure out a plan to get to his Mother. "I’ve got to figure out a plan to get to my Mother!"

Trunks noticed a man trying to get a large machine up the stairs of Dormitory Hall. "Excuse me," said Trunks. "Do you need any help?"

"I need to get this Capsule Maker to the third floor of Dormitory Hall! The girls have been Capsule-less for a week now, and they’re complaining because they have to carry all their books in their hands now!"

The man continued to struggle to get it up the stairs, but finally gave up. "I’ve had it! My orders are to deliver this to Dormitory Hall, and I’ve done that! I’ve been paid already! I’m out of here!"

Trunks watched the man leave. Soon, he was out of sight. Trunks looked at the Capsule Maker, and then up at Dormitory Hall. "Trunks, you’re a genius!"

"Bulma, you’re a genius!" said Bulma as she looked at her battery. "It’s perfect, girls! We’re sure to win the Science Fair with this!"

"That looks pretty good," said Chi-Chi. "But it sure is heavy. Do you think that the new Capsule Maker will arrive in time?"

"Hmm," said Bulma. "I hope so. Otherwise, we’ll have to carry this battery to the Science Fair ourselves!"

"Those worthless boyfriends of ours would never even offer to help!" exclaimed Chi-Chi.

"You’re right," said Lunch. "Tenshinhan is such an idiot! But he’s so dreamy!"

"Snap out of it, girls!" said Bulma. "I propose we come up with a plan to get those idiot boyfriends of ours to pay more attention to us!"

"How will we do that?" asked Lunch.

"We simply have to find some guys to go out with!" said Bulma.

"Yeah, that’ll make them jealous!" exclaimed Chi-Chi.

"Uh, excuse me!" The girls turned around and saw a strapping young gentleman carrying a huge machine with one hand. "Where do you want this?"

"In the Capsule Maker Room," said Lunch, astonished.

"There’s Mother!" said Trunks. "Maybe she has the battery I need!" Trunks carried the device to the Capsule Maker Room. The girls followed him.

It was like an oven in the Capsule Maker Room. A lot of pressure and heat was required to condense matter to create Capsules. Trunks took off his jacket.

"Take a look at those biceps!" said Chi-Chi. "They’re even bigger than Gokou’s!

"He’s carrying a huge sword! He must be pretty strong to keep that around," said Lunch.

"I bet I know where he keeps an even BIGGER one!" said Bulma, as the girls began to giggle. Trunks overheard them talking, and quite frankly, he was frightened out of his mind.

"I’ve got to get out of here!" thought Trunks. "Well, the Capsule Maker is installed! Just push the button, and you’ll get about 250 Capsules! I guess I’d better be on my way!"

"Just a second!" said Bulma. "It takes five hours for a Capsule Maker to make Capsules! How do we know that this Capsule Maker works?"

Trunks had forgotten that this was a much older model. "I thought you worked for the Capsule Corporation! You’ve got the jacket!" said Lunch. "He doesn’t even know his Capsule Makers!"

"Oh, well, uh…" began Trunks. "I’m on a tight schedule…"

"Well, your schedule will just have to wait!" said Chi-Chi. "You’re not leaving until those Capsules are finished!"’

"What’s your name, anyway?" asked Lunch.

"Who? Me? Oh…it’s…um…Chad!" said Trunks.

"Okay, Chad. You’re staying right here," said Bulma.

"But what’ll I do in the meantime?" asked Trunks.

"Me!" said Bulma.

"WHAT?" cried Trunks.

"I mean…you can do me some work around here!" said Bulma.

"First, he’s got to help me with something!" said Chi-Chi.

"No way! I saw him first!" said Lunch. The girls started to fight amongst themselves.

"If I run out real fast," thought Trunks. "I can grab the battery and run! But I can’t! Mother needs the battery to win the Science Fair and become famous so she can become a world famous scientist! I can’t afford to create too many timelines! Whenever I try to use my Time Machine, it run too slow from having to search so many timelines!"

"All right," groaned Trunks. "What do you need?"

"My air car is having trouble starting!" said Chi-Chi. "Can you give the engine a look?" Trunks reluctantly opened the hood, and looked inside.

"There’s nothing wrong with the -"

KABLAM!

"What was that?" cried Trunks.

"I didn’t hear anything," said Chi-Chi. Trunks realized that there was now oil leaking. "Oh fudge! It’s leaking oil!"

"Fudge?" asked Trunks.

Trunks ended up trying to patch up the hole under the air car.

KAPOW!

"Oops! Did I do that?" asked Chi-Chi.

"Great! Now I’ve got oil all over my pants!" cried Trunks, climbing out from under the air car.

"Here, let me get that off!" said Chi-Chi, as she began to wipe of Trunks’s crotch.

"No, no! I’m fine!" cried Trunks. "I think someone else needs some help!"

He ran upstairs to the girls’ floor. "Maybe if I just help Mother! I should be fine that way! She won’t try anything…will she?"

"Ms. Briefs?" asked Trunks. "Did you need help with something?"

"Yeah," called Bulma, from the bathroom. "I’m trying to take a shower, but there’s something wrong with the water! It’s too cold! Can you check out the Water Heater?"

Trunks walked over to a corner of the room, where the Water Heater was, and began to tinker with it. "There, that should do it!"

Bulma walked out of the bathroom. "No, it’s still too cold! Here, let me work on it! I think I know what the problem is," said Bulma. She turned off the water, grabbed a small rag and walked over to the pipes. She took off a section of the pipe.

"So, what’s the problem?" asked Trunks. He noticed that there was no water coming out of the pipe.

"This is the hot water pipe. The water has been cold because these pipes are too old," said Bulma. "If you give the pipe friction, the water will heat up."

 

"What is she talking about? This has nothing to do with how hot water works!" thought Trunks. She wrapped the rag around the pipe and began to move her hand up and down the pipe.

"The friction should make the water nice and hot! Turn the water back on!" said Bulma.

Trunks complied, and the water shot right into Bulma’s face. She began to drink it. "Ah, there’s nothing I like better to do than drink water straight from the pipes!"

"AAAAHHHH!" cried Trunks, as he ran out of the room.

"I can’t believe it! My own Mother!" thought Trunks. "If only I could get that battery! But I’ve got to wait until tomorrow when they show up at Science Fair!"

"Oh, Chad!" called Lunch.

"Yes?" squeaked Trunks.

"Come fix the TV in the Lounge," said Lunch.

"All right…" groaned Trunks. He slowly walked towards the Lounge, and put his hand on his sword, just in case. Trunks slowly peered inside.

"KAMI-SAMA!" yelled Trunks.

"Hey, aren’t you going to fix the TV?" asked Lunch.

"Hey! Aren’t you gonna put some clothes on?" asked Trunks, with his eyes closed.

"Oh please, it’s just my underwear! Haven’t you ever seen a woman before?" asked Lunch.

"Just tell me where the TV is!" cried Trunks, shielding his eyes.

"Up there, over the doorway," said Lunch. Trunks looked up and saw the TV. It appeared to be working fine.

"There’s nothing wrong with the -"

SLAM!

"- I HATE it when that happens!" yelled Trunks. Lunch had locked herself in with Trunks.

"Well, well, Chad! Looks like it’s just you, me, and this TV," said Lunch.

"Damn! I’ve got to get out of here!" thought Trunks.

"Your hair smells real pretty," said Lunch. "It’s a shampoo I’ve never known before!" Trunks had been using an experimental shampoo made by the Capsule Corp. The only problem with it was that the first time you smelled it, it made you sneeze.

"Oh no," said Trunks.

"Ah…ah…ah…CHOO!" sneezed Lunch.

"Holy cow! She’s a Super Saiyajin, too?" thought Trunks.

"Ms. Lunch! Are you all right?" asked Trunks.

"The name’s Raunchy! Now let’s get it on!" yelled Raunchy, as she tackled the young Saiyajin.

"Wait…no…please…stop! Hey, is that Mutenroshi looking at you through the window?" asked Trunks.

"Where?"

"AAAHHH!" cried Trunks, as he ran like a madman away from Raunchy.

"Oh no, you’re not going anywhere, Chad!" said Raunchy, as she grabbed Trunks.

"No…please…come on now! STOP IT!" yelled Trunks. Without realizing it, he had gone Super Saiyajin. "Uh oh."

"You can transform too?" asked Raunchy. "I thought I was the only one!"

"Gotta think fast! She thinks I’m like her," thought Trunks. "I’ll just have to act like her!"

"GET YOUR GRUBBY HANDS OFF ME!" yelled Trunks as he slammed Raunchy into the ground. Trunks ran to the window, opened it up, pushed Mutenroshi aside, and jumped out. "I didn’t want to have to do that, but I had to get out of there somehow!"

Trunks woke up from a long night’s sleep in his Time Machine. "Well, today’s the day of the Science Fair. If I can get that battery before they throw it away, I’ll be on my way outta here!" Trunks looked at the Time Machine’s clock. "Hmm, it’s 7:30 PM. The judging is almost over…

"THE JUDGING IS ALMOST OVER?" cried Trunks. Pretty soon, the judges would deem the battery dangerous to the O-Zone. Trunks hopped out of his Time Machine, and was about to head over to the Auditorium when…

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" Trunks whipped his head around, and saw three familiar faces.

"Son Gokou? Tenshinhan? Yamucha?" asked Trunks.

"You’re the one who’s been making passes at our girlfriends!" said Yamucha.

"No! You got it all wrong! I…"

"You’re going to pay for what you’ve done!" said Tenshinhan. "Give it to him, Gokou!"

"KAMEHAME HA!"

Gokou fired his special beam attack at Trunks, who took it full on. There was a giant cloud of smoke, which soon cleared.

"WHAT? HOW CAN HE STILL BE STANDING?" cried Gokou.

"You idiot! In this time, Son Gokou is the strongest one on Earth!" Trunks suddenly pretended to faint.

"He’s fainted!" said Tenshinhan. "Serves him right!"

"When are they going to leave? I’ve got a battery to take!" thought Trunks.

"Who does this guy think he is, carrying around a sword?" asked Yamucha.

"Let’s get out of here," said Gokou. They turned and left. Trunks quickly got up and ran away, at lightning speed.

"Is that what the great Son Gokou is like? A jealous jock?" asked Trunks, as he hurried toward the Auditorium. Suddenly, he saw the three girls, and their boyfriends, crying.

"What happened?" asked Yamucha.

"Some guy stole our science project!" cried Bulma.

"Did he have purple hair and a sword?" asked Tenshinhan, angrily.

"No," said Lunch. "He had black hair and a scarf. And the letters ‘RR’ printed on his shirt."

"No! It couldn’t be him! Not back in this time!" thought Trunks.

"Sounds to me like someone from the Red Ribbon Army!" said Gokou.

"No! Not ANDROID NO. 17!" cried Trunks.

"Which way did he go?" asked Tenshinhan. The girls pointed. Trunks rushed off in that direction with lightning speed, without any of them ever seeing him.

"How could Android No. 17 be here?" thought Trunks. "He shouldn’t even be built for a long time! Could he have access to a Time Machine, too?

"I’m the strongest one on Earth right now. The others could never beat Android No. 17. I’ve got to keep 17 from changing the course of history! I refuse to let there be another world of torment and death!"

Trunks soon arrived in front of a large Time Machine, exactly like his own. "I was right! No. 17 came from the future! But how?"

"Who are you?" Trunks whipped his head around, and saw Android No. 17.

"You don’t know who I am?" asked Trunks.

"Why do you think I asked?" asked No. 17.

"My name is Trunks," said Trunks. "I’m a Saiyajin."

"What’s a Saiyajin?" asked No. 17.

"You don’t know what a Saiyajin is?" asked Trunks. "A Saiyajin is a super strong member of an alien race."

"Never heard of one," said No. 17.

"Surely, you have heard of them," said Trunks.

"I know only what my master, Dr. Gero, tells me," said No. 17.

"YOUR MASTER?" asked Trunks. "He must be from a different timeline, one where he is obedient to Dr. Gero."

"I am Dr. Gero’s latest creation, and ultimate fighter," said No. 17.

"Tell me," said Trunks. "How did you happen upon this Time Machine?"

Android No. 17 was surprised that Trunks knew the truth, but was ready to explain everything like a good villain should. "It was shortly after I killed Son Gokou, and two warriors called Piccolo and Raditz. The Time Machine came to us from the future, carrying the plans for a robot called Cell, including several samples of DNA."

Construction for Cell didn’t begin until the arrival of King Cold and Freezer. Cell sent the plans back, hoping to start the creation of Cell earlier, and create a timeline where Cell was ruler. Then the Cell from our well-known timeline would come to the one where Cell was ruler, and take over, and no one would be the wiser! Now, back to our story…

"So what are you doing in this time?" asked Trunks.

"I’m here for this battery. Dr. Gero will use it to build Cell, and make him more powerful than the plans dictated," said No. 17. Trunks realized that No. 17 had arrived six months earlier than he. Either that or he had a better battery.

"Sorry, pal, but I’m afraid I need to take that battery from you," said Trunks. "Even if by force."

"All right," said No. 17. "Let’s see this Saiyajin power!"

Trunks was just about to go Super Saiyajin when…

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" Trunks whipped his head around, yet again.

"I’d better quit doing this before I break my neck!" thought Trunks. "Oh no! Not again!"

There they were. Gokou, Tenshinhan, and Yamucha, ready to rush into battle again. "You aren’t going anywhere with that battery!" said Tenshinhan.

"Guys! Let me handle this!" said Trunks.

"Step aside, boy," said Yamucha. "Watch the men at work!"

"Bring it on," said 17. The Z-Fighters leapt at 17, rapidly punching and kicking him. No. 17 dodged every move.

"KAMEHAME HA!"

17 easily escaped Gokou’s energy beam.

"TAIYOKEN!"

17 simply closed his eyes to keep from being blinded by Tenshinhan’s special attack, as performed by Yamucha.

"Stop copying my moves! Use your own attack!" cried Tenshinhan.

"What? The Wolf Fang Fist? Please!" said Yamucha.

"Fine," said Tenshinhan. "Here’s one move you can’t copy!

KIKOHOU!"

Android No. 17 was hardly phased by Tenshinhan’s attack.

"No, no, no! You’re doing it wrong! It’s like this!" said Gokou.

"STOP COPYING MY MOVES!" whined Tenshinhan. "All right! I’ll teach you to make fun of my special moves! Here goes!

KAMEHAME HA!"

Android No. 17 was not prepared for this, and so was knocked all the way into the school’s baseball stadium.

"Whoah," said Yamucha. "Tenshinhan isn’t just a storage facility for ki attacks after all!"

"See? That’s what I keep telling myself!" said Tenshinhan.

"You may have been able to do that, but you still did it wrong," said Gokou. "You’re supposed to go across the grain! Against the wind! With the current! Hold the onions!"

"What are you talking about?" asked Yamucha.

"Furthermore, you didn’t extend your pinky finger correctly!" said Gokou. "It’s all about style! Kata, man! Kata!"

"WILL YOU MORONS GO AFTER HIM? HE’S GETTING AWAY!" yelled Trunks.

"On the contrary! I’m back!" said Android No. 17.

"He’s pretty strong, guys!" said Yamucha. "It’s time to pull out the big guns!"

"Oh no, not the big guns," said Trunks, sarcastically.

"Right!" said Gokou. "We’ve got to pull off OUR WEIGHTED CLOTHING!"

"YOU IDIOTS! DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT’S GOING TO WORK?" yelled Trunks.

"He’s right," said Tenshinhan. "We’ll have to use our secret weapon!"

"And what, pray tell, could that ever be?" asked Trunks.

The three Z-Fighters hunched low to the ground. They reared back, and began to focus their ki. Their power levels began to rise. Suddenly, they released their full power!

"PICCOLO!" they yelled.

"Kami-Sama," groaned Trunks. Suddenly, everyone’s favorite Namek-Seijin appeared from the sky.

"I’m not here to help you, Son! I have my own beef with this guy!" said Piccolo.

"Yeah right," said Trunks.

"Uh…I’m really here to help Gohan!"

"What?" asked Trunks.

"Er…uh…As Prince of the Saiyajin, only I can destroy you Kakarotto!" said Piccolo.

"Where the hell did that come from?" asked Trunks.

"Be careful, Piccolo! This one’s strong!" said Gokou.

"Don’t worry, Son," said Piccolo. "Like you, I train in WEIGHTED CLOTHING!"

"You’ve got to be kidding me," said Trunks.

Piccolo removed his cape and hat, and flew at Android No. 17, rapidly attempting to strike him, but each fist hit nothing but air. Piccolo tried everything from eye lasers to the Split-Form Technique.

"STOP COPYING MY MOVES!" whined Tenshinhan.

"SHUT UP, BALDY!" yelled Piccolo.

"Look who’s talking," said Trunks. "Hey guys?"

"What is it?" asked Yamucha.

"Mind if I take a whack at him?" asked Trunks.

"Fine, go ahead," said Piccolo.

Trunks unsheathed his sword, and pointed it at Android No. 17. Trunks thought about the death of Gohan again, and went Super Saiyajin!

"STOP COPYING MY – Oh wait, never mind," said Tenshinhan.

Trunks lunged at Android No. 17, rapidly slashing at him, but No. 17 was able to escape every single attack. "This sword is kind of slowing me down!" Trunks put away his sword, and began to power up his special technique.

"BURNING ATTACK!"

Trunks’s energy blast flew at Android No. 17, who managed to dodge it. "Looks like it’s time to pull out all the stops!" Trunks powered up his Finish Buster!

"KIAIHOU!"

"STOP COPYING MY -"

"I SAID ‘KIAIHOU,’ NOT ‘KIKOHOU!’" yelled Trunks. His gigantic laser bomb flew towards Android No. 17. The robot had no time to escape it. He was engulfed by the blast, and destroyed.

"Wow," said Gokou. "I can’t believe you were able to beat him!"

"Thanks," said Trunks. He picked up the battery that the Android left behind.

"Thanks for all your help," said Bulma. "I hope we meet again someday!"

"We definitely will," said Trunks. "I may not have gotten to meet my Father, but at least I’ve met the great Son Gokou, before he was so great!"

"GOODBYE, EVERYBODY!" yelled Trunks, as he climbed into his Time Machine.

"GOODBYE, CHAD!"

THE END